Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What did you do to your Jeep this week? 2015 - present
<t>As some of you may know, I fried the clutch on Sunday's ride in the pines. While it still grabs, with all the smoke that was pouring out (and it still smells awful!), I figure there can't be a lot of it left! Until it's replaced, I'm hoping it'll be OK for short, local trips. anyhow, I stopped in at Globex this week, had them order a flywheel and clutch kit, and scheduled the install. Should be back in shape in a couple of weeks....</t>
Gramps

'06 Unlimited Rubicon w/ OME Suspension, Rokmen skids, 305/70-17s, a Trasharoo, & a bunch of other goodies....
<t>In an attempt to dissipate the smell of "Eau de Burnt Clutch", I aired out the Jeep this afternoon. Also removed, inspected, and washed my winch rope.</t>
Gramps

'06 Unlimited Rubicon w/ OME Suspension, Rokmen skids, 305/70-17s, a Trasharoo, & a bunch of other goodies....
<t>Had Globex install Adams drive shafts and an ORO Sway Lock system that replaces my entire sway bar and rubicon electronic disconnect.<br/>
<br/>
A request to check front axle seal let them go discover both front ball joints were shot as well as one axle seal and a wheel bearing.<br/>
<br/>
All back in shape now and ready for Crawling for Cops!<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
<br/>
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro</t>
<t>OK 4WD did an excellent job replacing the front locker with an ARB locker and G2 35 spline axles along with an on board air compressor. Also replaced the front driveshaft with a Tom Woods model a month ago.</t>
<t>After smoking things up in the Pines a couple of weeks ago, the goodfellows at Globex installed a new (high inertia) flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bushing. I also ordered a new front axle housing & whatever else will be needed (including regearing to 4.56s).</t>
Gramps

<r><QUOTE author="gramps" post_id="219108" time="1555111608" user_id="59"><s>
gramps post_id=219108 time=1555111608 user_id=59 Wrote:</s>
After smoking things up in the Pines a couple of weeks ago, the goodfellows at Globex installed a new (high inertia) flywheel, clutch, pressure plate, throw out bearing, and pilot bushing. I also ordered a new front axle housing & whatever else will be needed (including regearing to 4.56s).
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

Why the new axle housing - I understand the new gears - Gonna love the heavyweight flywheel - Time to learn to drive again - Oh and happy Birthday</r>
4:88 Locked f&R, battered occasionally beaten - poor attitude [img]http://www.amazing-animations.com/animations/cars33.gif[/img]
<r><QUOTE author="JCJeep1" post_id="219119" time="1555520631" user_id="76"><s>
JCJeep1 post_id=219119 time=1555520631 user_id=76 Wrote:</s>
Why the new axle housing - I understand the new gears - Gonna love the heavyweight flywheel - Time to learn to drive again - Oh and happy Birthday
<e>
</e></QUOTE>

The right side's been leaking very noticeably for a couple of years. Seal replaced a couple of times, aftermarket tube-end seals added (& rebuilt), still leaks. It's either got a slight bend or it's out of round. Might as well try and cure the problem before we renew the driveway. I might also spring for Vanco's 17" brake kit while it's all being put back together.</r>
Gramps